What's it like to study and work as a Cyber Security Analyst in Australia?
This could include installing software that protects data, testing systems for vulnerabilities and educating staff on the best ways to prevent cyber threats. Cyber Security Analysts commonly work with other information technology professionals to ensure software, networks and information are secure. This type of work is critical to organisations given the current online hacking frequency in recent years.
Tasks and duties as a Cyber Security Analyst
- Install and update software to secure company data
- Monitor networks for evidence of unauthorised activity
- Test information systems for vulnerabilities
- Respond to urgent cyber security breaches
- Review breaches to understand root causes
- Train staff on cyber security best practices
- Keep up to date with emerging trends and threats
How to become a Cyber Security Analyst
You need a Diploma or Bachelor degree in Information Technology, usually with a Cyber Security specialisation to become a Cyber Security Analyst.
- Complete a Diploma or Bachelor degree in Computer science, Cyber security, Information Technology or a related field
- After completing the formal study international students can stay on in Australia and access the Post Study Work Visa for 2 years (Diploma) or longer (Bachelor) to get some experience in a real-world setting, under the guidance of experienced Cyber Security Analysts in Australia.
- Consider further education to enhance your skills. This could be a relevant Bachelor or postgraduate degree, such as a Graduate Certificate in Cyber Security or Master of Information Technology.
If you’re planning on staying in Australia after your studies to access the Post Study Work Visa the average annual salary for Cyber Security Analyst jobs in Australia range from $A100,000 to $A120,000 per year.
There are also lots of other opportunities in IT in Australia in roles like IT Technician, IT Support Engineer, IT Support desk Analyst and IT Project Manager to name a few.
There are many IT courses available across Australia either at Vocational or University level. Just ask one of our student counsellors which course suits you best and apply to study an IT course in Australia.