Brisbane has so much to offer students!
Queensland, the Australian state located in the North East of the continent is 6 times the size of the United Kingdom and home to just 5 million people.
With 135,000 international students, 10 universities and 32 campuses statewide it has so much to offer.
Queensland has some of the best places to study with an incredibly diverse environment that includes the outback, the tropical and sub-tropical coasts, mountains and rural farmlands. This provides real opportunities for students to study specialist disciplines such as marine science, ecotourism, agribusiness, biological science, the built environment to name a few.
Brisbane, the capital city of Queensland has a population of 2.4 million and boasts a cosmopolitan lifestyle with a thriving arts and music scene all for exciting late night options.
Commonly referred to as the Sunshine State with more than 300 days of sunshine per year, Brisbane summers are famous for the subtropical humid heat often cooled by beautiful afternoon storms.
That’s why Brisbane is consistently ranked in the top 20 best student cities globally. It’s also Australia’s 4th most affordable student city with great public transport discounts and affordable accommodation options.
Brisbane is also home to some of Australia's finest institutions, with three Universities ranked in the top two percent in the world plus a range of institutions across all sectors providing programs for all levels of international study. This includes Schools, Vocational training, pathway to University programs including English Language courses.
Brisbane is one of Australia's fastest growing capital cities for employment growth and offers a great range of opportunities for international students in retail and hospitality as well as longer term career options.
10 reasons to study in Brisbane
1. It’s the capital of the sunshine state with 300 days of sunshine per year
2. Brisbane is affordable with one of the lowest costs of living in comparison with some other Australian cities
3. The student accommodation is world class with a range of quality purpose built student accommodation options available
4. Brisbane’s education providers are world class with some of Australia’s finest higher education institutions located here
5. Your Australian bucket list is right on the doorstep with big attractions including the Great Barrier Reef, the Daintree Rainforest, coastal beaches and Queensland’s Gold Coast theme parks
6. It’s easy to get around with a 50% concession rate on TransLink public transport services for international students including trains, buses and ferries
7. Brisbane is a safe and welcoming city with a City Welcome Festival where you can enjoy free music, food and networking opportunities
8. Brisbane is a multicultural city with a diverse and inclusive community reflected in an extensive list of cultural events and festivals held throughout the year
9. Brisbane celebrates the arts with a wide range of museums and art galleries, Performing Arts Centre and host to the Asia Pacific Screen Awards
10. Brisbane is Australia’s most sustainable city with more than 2000 parks and more than 2500 species making Brisbane Australia’s most biodiverse city
As a study experience Brisbane satisfies everyone with great study options, world class institutions, a cosmopolitan lifestyle, fun activities in a beautiful yet cost effective environment.
Whether you’re studying at University or planning a working holiday or you need to improve your English Brisbane is a fantastic destination.
So start planning for your future now!
Photo credit: Tourism Australia